GRIIS (Geospatial Rural Infrastructure Information System), is a web-based GIS application containing customized modules to create and maintain information of rural assets. Data stored in centralized server can be accessed by public through web. Any department, which provides services in terms of rural infrastructure can fully utilize the computing power of this system for planning, monitoring and implementation of Rural Infrastructure related activities. The system also facilitates monitoring of physical and financial progress of any investment related to rural infrastructure.
GRIIS is a cross-browser, cross-platform web-based application that has been developed using Java and J2EE technology and Open source RDBMS. Solution is supported by a set of powerful customized query and analysis tools developed specifically for Panchayath Raj Engineering Department (PRED), Government of Karnataka. GRIIS
- GRIIS having a centralized database to manage rural assets spread across Karnataka state facilitated collection of infrastructure information, tracking of infrastructure status, maintaining history, analyzing performance and generating reports
- Enabled department officials to manage information related to infrastructure
- Improved support for decision making through GIS analytical tools
- Built in customized tools to display specific query results like type of roads, classification, pavement
condition, traffic density, carriage width, road improvement / maintenance, under which finance
scheme etc. helped department officials for better planning and prioritization of tasks
- Acted as an interface to pubic to access details of various rural infrastructure
- Repository of rural infrastructure information available centrally, enabled other departments to
access the information
Information derived from satellite images has been integrated with administrative boundaries to create seamless baseline information of Karnataka State.
Android based Mobile application:
was used to collect information on location, status and photograph of various rural infrastructure / assets (for
selected districts). Facility to synchronize field data to server was implemented.
Implemented with appropriate access and authorization controls, Login controlled access, contained standard
map tools such as PAN, Zoom-In, Zoom-Out, Asset information, Layer information, Legend etc. to ease map
Important modules like Data Recording and Editing, Query based data Visualization, Asset Monitoring,
Custom Map Composing – Facilitate user to access and visualize the information and generate different reports.