RRIS (Rural Road Information System) is a Web based GIS application which offers comprehensive solution for integrating storing and retrieving road information with built in visualization, analytical, monitoring facilities. Geometry of all rural roads and location of Cross Drainage works stored in spatial domain along with relevant attribute information arranged in web solution helps engineers in handling data effectively and facilitates efficient planning and monitoring.
RRIS is a cross-browser, cross-platform desktop and web-based application with a set of powerful customized query and analysis tools developed specially for Karnataka Rural Road Development Agency (KRRDA), Government of Karnataka.
- Pre-defined user friendly designed forms, display of existing information along with map, built-in business logic have facilitated department to record up to date
information of selected road
- Facilitated user to generate maps and reports automatically and more accurately
- Information access over the functional and administrative hierarchy facilitates systematic data/information transfer
- Standard tools facilitates systematic reporting and export facilities help engineers to standardize the information exchange
- Application has helped decision makers to get visual reports (Maps with tables)
Comprehensive Geo database of rural roads, Cross drainage structures and Settlement locations along with NH, SH and MDR was created using handheld GPS in the field covering 176 taluks of Karnataka State. Customized inventory form was used to collect information on each road segment
Has in built function with data input forms integrated with predefined business logic and access control for entire Karnataka State. Implemented with various tools such as Navigation tool, Tool to Add/Remove Legend & Layer, Tool to get information of selected feature etc. with an intention to ease navigation for viewing map content and getting information
Search & View Tools:
Facilitate user to search and view various administration jurisdiction and get road details, Assist user to view and get information of selected road.
Facility to update road and CD information in terms of scheme and improvement details
Facility to view, get and print information based on key parameters of road and CD
Map Export tool:
Facility to export displayed map with Title and description to selected paper size
Facilitates generation of basic reports and query based special reports such as road analysis, comparative road length, maintenance